To remove shrinking and hairline cracks in the screed.
- Modified synthetic resin dispersion
- Good edge adhesion
- Good filling properties
Areas of application
- Stabilisation of cracks and for high-penetration priming
- Filling of embedded, discontinuous hair cracks on cement screed surfaces and crazing on concrete surfaces
- Filling of hair cracks in firmly adhering filling compound layers
White/transparent when dry
Density (at +20°C)
Temperature of material relative air humidity
Above +5 °C
Approx. 12 months – store protected from sunlight and above freezing point
Disposable packaging PVC canister: 20 kg net
Processing information for screed experts
Repair primer for screed surfaces.
Repair system for stabilising cracks and for high-penetration priming. Filling of embedded, discontinuous hair cracks on cement screed surfaces and crazing on concrete surfaces. Filling of hair cracks in firmly adhering filling compound layers.
RVS 612 is compatible with CEM I and CEM II cements in accordance with DIN EN 197. Modified synthetic resin dispersion. Good edge adhesion. Good filling properties.
Not suitable for closing and force-bonding of continuous and clearly open cracks. In the case of such crack formations the customary industry practices and standards on this topic must be observed and the appropriate measures taken. Due to the transparency of RVS 612 the hair cracks will still be visible after the curing and drying process.
Important note prior to use: Workability of the screed to be treated must be obtained before applying RVS 612. The substrates to be treated must above all be clean, crack-free, firm, dry and free of release agents.
- Sand the surfaces.
- All chafed patches must be sanded down to the solid grain. Then clean the prepared surfaces with a high-performance industrial vacuum cleaner.
- Shake the container well before use.
- Apply the product to the whole of the screed surface with a lamb's wool roller (medium pile length). If absorptive areas, recognisable by too rapid brightening after application, still occur despite pre-priming, prime these areas again before the primer has dried. Avoid puddle formation. Use when laying tile floors in accordance with DIN 181571. Design and site preparation in accordance with DIN 18560.
- It is recommended to apply RVS 612 using cross-coat technique; this ensures that enough material is applied and prevents bare patches. Observe areas affected by hair cracks. If the material sinks within the cracks, apply more RVS 612 with the application roller until the cracks are completely filled.
- Drying time up to walkability at +20 °C and 60 % rel. air humidity: approx. 3 hours.
- It is recommended to apply the material using cross-coat technique. This ensures that enough material is applied and prevents bare patches.
- Seal open containers airtight immediately after use and use the contents quickly.
- Do not transfer residues back to the product container, as all soiling affects the quality of the unused material.
- Used utensils can be cleaned with water.
- Remove RVS 612 stains from structural components (e.g. door frames) immediately with a damp, clean cloth.
- Thoroughly dampen dried material stains on objects and absorb with a clean cloth using a neutral household detergent if required.
As the product is solvent-free within the meaning of the TRGS (Technical Rules for Hazardous Substances) 610, no particular safety precautions are required for the protection of buildings or for personal protection.
50 – 250 ml per m² depending on the surface quality/degree of cracking of the substrate.
Stabilisation of screed surfaces which have been damaged due to shrinkage and hair cracks caused by overhydration and high air pore volume. Insufficient cement content cannot be compensated.
Provides a very good bonding course for subsequent coats. Increases the load-bearing capacity and strength of the substrate.
Do not allow RVS 612 to enter the aquatic environment, sewage system or soil. Recycle completely empty containers (non-drip and open).
All the information on this product given above is based on extensive practical experience and tests implemented by PCT Performance Chemicals GmbH. However, it is not possible to take all construction site conditions into account and to give suitable instructions for use in each case. It is therefore recommended to verify the applicability, appropriateness and practicability of this information and the intended measures by means of individual tests. PCT assumes warranty for the correctness of this product information and the described properties as well as for the effect of the product. PCT reserves the right to change the product specifications. If the site is or has been supervised by PCT the user is under no obligation to check applicability and appropriateness.